At Algebra - University College for Applied Computer Engineering international students can study following two different tracks:
- As exchange students supported by Erasmus fund (study in English language for a number of Courses)
- As full time enrolled students (full study only in Croatian language)
Detailed description of each model is as follows:
- Exchange students
Goals of study visits and students exchange are:
- Attaining new experiences in the fields of education, language and culture
- Promotion of international cooperation between higher education institutions
- Development of highly qualified professional staff with international experience in education
- Easier way of acknowledging the mobility period and transfer of ECTS grade points
Duration of the visits: 3 to 12 months.
Students who apply must be enrolled at least in the second (2.) year of undergraduate study programme on its parent institution.
Students can apply to their parent universities /colleges holding the Erasmus University Charter. Parent universities /colleges are responsible for selecting students who get grants. For more information on the procedures for applying, students should contact international offices or Erasmus coordinators at their parent universities /colleges.
Grants are monthly financial supports that partly cover the subsistence costs, accommodation, travel and insurance.
Student's obligations before leaving for a study visit:
- The student signs Grant contract with his /her parent institution, which defines mutual rights and obligations.
- The student signs the first annex to the Grant contract – the Learning agreement which determines the details about the educational plan and programme.
- The student signs the second annex to the Grant contract – the Erasmus Student Charter which defines all rights and obligations of the student regarding his / her study visit abroad.
- The student must have medical insurance policy.
- The student must get a visa (this is important and it may take some time to get it).
Student's obligations after the study visit:
- Final report (according to the form given by the parent institution)
- Transcript of records
- Confirmation given by the foreign institution on the exact length of the stay
Available courses for exchange students at University College for Applied Computer Engineering
University college for applied computer engineering offers total of 6 courses toughed in English, available in the Summer term (end of February till end of Jun) for students enrolled in Bachelor and / or Master Degree programs. For those interested, it is also possible to complete work placement / final project / Thesis during the same semester (it is not mandatory) with our partner employers (International IT companies such as IBM, Microsoft, Ericsson, Siemens, Cisco, T-Com, ...).
Table shows total number of hours per semester, ECTS Credits and number of hours per week of lectures and Lab. Use links to get more information on offered courses, literature and Professors.
If you understand Croatian language, all our courses in both Winter and Summer semester are available for exchange students.
Price: For students using Erasmus student exchange support, in line with bilateral agreement between their parent higher educational institution and University College, there is no admission fee. Student exchange can last up to 6 months during summer term.
More information: available under International office part of our web page or through the contacts with our international office staff.
- Full time enrolled students
It is possible to enroll in study program through three different processes;
- By passing state matura exam in the fields of Mathematics, Croatian and English language. Number of scored points is compared to results of other applicants and admission list is formed. Admissions are organized during July accordingly to proposed admission process schedule published by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports.
- By passing internal admission exam in the field of Mathematics and English language. Number of scored points is compared to results of other applicants and admission list is formed. Admissions are organized in accordance to schedule published on www.racunarstvo.hr
- Direct enrollment for students passing from other technical colleges and universities. In this process special panel named by the Dean will consider already achieved study results during previous study and will decide upon admission recommendations.
Price: Depending on results achieved during the admission process full admission fee - per year (including all books, international certification and other training materials, accommodation in Zagreb is not included) varies from 22.900 kn (3.140 EUR) to 31.000 kn (4.250 EUR) for direct payment or bank loan. For payment in 12 rates yearly price is 33.400 kn (4.575 EUR) a treba biti For payment in 12 instalments yearly price is 33.400 kn (4.575 EUR)
Study is conducted in Croatian language.