The times when higher educational institution was interested only in conducting the training and in which the university management was interested only in assigning teachers to existing courses are long behind us. Modern educational institutions in countries positioned at the top of the world competitiveness rankings, provide multi-layered functional link between students, their careers, education, economy and long-term national development strategies. This is a strategic affirmation of the core business model of University College Algebra.
This approach is reflected mainly in the structure of the curriculum which is synchronized with labour market needs and European and global development strategies for IT industry, because we want to prepare our students for the labour market of tomorrow and not exclusively for the market of today or the one of yesterday. Building up careers of each of our students is another important aspect of this strategic affirmation that is provided through the Career Centre.
The Career Centre is the basic meeting point between the student, college and the employer, which provides the students with the following:
- Counselling role in career development from the moment of admission of the student till the end of his/her studies
- Constant monitoring of students in collaboration with mentors and guiding them through the curriculum and elective courses in accordance with demonstrated performances and predispositions
- Planning of graduation thesis and help in collaboration with mentors
- Directing towards the projects of the employers
At the same time, Career centre intensively cooperates with the employers through:
- Active work with their internal mentors for career development of the employees
- Special services for employers who finance scholarships for students
- Selection of the best students to engage in employers’ projects, internships or employment
In the last years University College Algebra has developed a series of services which make mentioned activities of the Career centre very successful: IT infrastructure of digital student service together with ELAP (electronic academic portfolio) system. This way the students are enabled to present their resumes, personal capabilities and experiences which are amended with the data regarding the quality of studying through the review of accomplished points and grades in every course, with the matrix of passed certification exams, attendance records in classes and authorized recommendations of teachers and project leaders.
For any questions for the Career centre regarding the planning of your future career, feel free to call or send an e-mail to Mr Renato Barišić, the head of the Career centre on following contacts:
Tel: +385 1 2222 180
For sending the questions, you may use the electronic form below: