Teachers and associates
Davor Cafuta, Senior Lecturer
Tin Kramberger, Lecturer
The course aims
Understand and learn how to use the functionality of a modern operating system.
Operating system components, Input/output operations,Interrupt handling,task, process and thread. Synchronisation ,Mutual exclusion in single and multiprocessor systems, Job scheduling, .Operating system kernel. Semaphores. Producer and consumer problem. Deadlock., Paging., File system., Multimedia in operating system., Security., Multiprocessor system, Vitualization. Embedded systems.
Tanenbaum: Modern Operating system 3rd edition, Pearson International Edition, 2009.
1. Mark Russinovich, David Solomon, Windows internals 5th edition, Microsoft Press, 2009.
Minimum learning outcomes
- Define interrupt system on a simple computer model.
- Define computer processes.
- Define computer threads.
- Explain basic memory management.
- Explain basic disk management.
- Explain basic multimedia operating systems concepts.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Analyze interrupt system on a Computer.
- Explain processes on various operating Systems.
- Explain influence and usage of threads on various operating Systems.
- Explain in detail memory management algorithms on various operating Systems.
- Explain in detail disk management algorithms on various operating Systems.
- Explain in detail multimedia management algorithms on various operating Systems.